View Single Post
Old 01-20-2024, 06:21 AM   #2
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
I don't know that I have a lot of information to offer you because it's been so long since I've traveled cross-country, but I'm very interested in seeing what other people say. I think it would get you more helpful responses if you gave highway numbers. It's a little hard to tell what the roads are, exactly, on your map.

I did travel your proposed route between St. Louis and Nashville this time last year, I think, and will tell you that Nashville can be very tricky to get through. Big cities in general are--but you're probably aware of that, coming from Seattle. (I resorted to going the wrong way on a one-way street in Seattle in the middle of the night once, because I couldn't figure out how else to get out of the area!)

I would say that whatever big cities you plan to drive through, drive them first virtually on Google Maps Street View, so you'll know beforehand what the interchanges look like and where the exits are. And try to avoid morning and evening rush hours in cities, if you can.

Two things which people will want to know--1) Do you think you'll have to go soon enough that winter weather will be an issue? and 2) Are you trying to have fun and sight-see along the way, or are you looking to get to North Carolina as quickly and easily as possible?

Edited to add: Whoops--I think your map is clear, and it's my phone that's fuzzy. Giving interstate numbers would still be good though.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote