Thread: DEF prices
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 07:35 AM   #28
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
I won't use any DEF except for the Blue DEF. Had problems with the system two years ago and they had to change out the complete exhaust system. I was told to use only the Blue DEF by the Regional Rep from GM. He said the other brands are watered down more than the Blue and the computer sensors can be messed up by using the other brands. We even traded trucks to avoid any other problems with the DEF. Been using the Blue and have had no problems since. Coinsidence? Who knows but I'm not taking any chances!
Typical dealer response. I doubt any manufacture is going to go foul of these guys if they want to stay in business. Like fuel/oil, there is only so many companies that make the stuff. Take Walmart they don`t make def so do you think a corporate twit is going to tell the manufacture to water down the product by 10% and they would actually do it.? Try that in California and you would go to jail for the rest of your life. JUst sayin.

From thier web site:
DEF is closely regulated and has precise requirements for maintaining chemical purity and contains ingredients that are crucial to working in conjunction with the SCR system. Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel among others require that the DEF to be used with the SCR systems and meet all ISO guidelines and API requirements.

https://www.epa.gov/diesel-fuel-standards
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote