View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 04:41 PM   #9
RVDH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21148
I have a 2008, no problems with a residential frig and inverter. One thing I did find out is that there's a wire under the hood that wasn't hooked up, once I did that it worked fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeeman View Post
Merry Christmas to all!

I have a 2007 SILVERADO 2500 HD. I'm pulling a 2012 3400 RL. I start my trips with a fully charged battery, the battery switch on, a fuse in the truck charging system and my meter that I installed in the trailer giving battery charge and discharge info (thanks to this forum!) shows some charge amps while connected to truck with truck running. Standard fridge and other items in trailer - no modifications.

After a day of travel (8 - 10 hours) the inverter in the trailer is flashing at the 50 - 90 % level. I'll admit I don't know the voltage level when this happens. Everything works but I would think after 8 hours of freeway driving the battery would be back up to full.

I've read in the forum that the charging circuit is a "trickle" charge and that makes sense. However trickle is a relative term. So anyone know what the truck should be able to generate?

Question is for others is if they have found that the charging circuit on the 2500 was light for the bigger trailers and may have had to have the wiring upgraded to get enough juice back to RV battery. I believe the fuse in the charging circuit is a 30 amp fuse if it was doing 10 amps for an 8 hour day that would be enough to charge it.

Anybody had similar issues and generated a fix? Comments?
RVDH is offline   Reply With Quote