Thread: Roof damage
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 08:04 AM   #9
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
This happened to me last year. Call your insurance company first. Second, Find a GOOD REPUTABLE repair center that knows what they are doing and get a written estimate. I would imagine that there is more damage that just the roof. Windows? Sidewalls and lower aluminum? Graphics?

My rig was taken to an authorized Keystone repair center close to me in Binghamton, New York. It was my choice to take it there as they had assisted me with measurements for a frame flex issue. They did a very poor job in fixing it. Be sure that the place you take it can get it inside their facility. They had it from about May 17 to September 13. They did not complete the entire repair as I removed it from their facility so that I could get to the National Rally. Once there, I found D & T Repair Center who looked at it, shook his head and then proceeded to give me an additional estimate on what it would take to complete the fix and repair the repairs that were done. Insurance covered all except for the deductible. Also, while at the Binghamton facility, the front was scraped by someone. It put a gouge in the front cap. Naturally they denied knowing anything about it. D & T fixed that also. They are really great people.

The repairs included replacing the entire roof. The Binghamton Facility did not replace the wood underlayment. It should have been replaced to get a smooth finish. Replacement of all the vent covers, tank vents, and AC cover. Replacement of the fan on the AC unit. Replace the glass on the DS Rear escape window. Replace the aluminum on the lower side of the driver's side with graphics. Replacement of the microwave vent. Replace several marker light covers. Replacement of the slide topper fabric for 2 slides.