View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 02:38 PM   #20
dfryk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19708
Smile Watching football

We have Dish Network at home. On the road we have a Tailgater portable dish to pick up the satellites. We love it. We can set it to receive either our local channels from home or the local channels where we are camped. Because we have Dish at home, it only costs us $7/month for the RV and you can turn it on and off if you are not going to be out for the next month.

We also have a remote hard drive so we can record from the receiver. This works great except that you can only record one program at a time unlike our Hopper receiver at home than can record multiple programs even while watching something else.

One issue that we have is the the power that runs through the receiver is not enough to send the signal from the satellite connection in the basement through the coach to our TV. Consequently, after I locate the dish outside the coach, I run the cable through a window and directly into the receiver above the TV. This works great although it takes a couple of minutes longer than if we could use the pre-wire though the coach. (Our Montana is a 2016. Dish techs have told me this is a common issue.)

Finally, we prefer a portable dish rather than hard mounted on top. This way we can move it around for best reception in areas where a tree would otherwise block the reception from a top-mounted dish.

PS: Wife and I are long-time football fans that have chosen not to allow NFL politics to deny our pleasure from watching the games. It is hard at times and we usually record games for later viewing so we can fast forward through commercials and political announcements.
dfryk is offline   Reply With Quote