View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 05:54 PM   #19
scott-pati
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12894
Just finished installing the 12v conversation and love it. my Norcold is the 1210 model. Purchased from JC Refridgeration - https://jc-refrigeration.com/product...lacement-unit/.

I ran a test to see how long it would run on a group 31 4 year old battery. It easily ran for 9 straight hours and would probably run for another 4-6 hours easily.

Battery voltage started at 13.1v and after 9 hours went down to 11.9v. Compressor cutoff in the manual says 10.4v.

The test was done with shore power disconnected and nothing in the fridge and inside the RV was 102F. The fridge maintained 28F.

Another test I did was to see how quickly the fridge would cool down. Again, inside temps were over 100F and the fridge had been off for 3 days with doors open. Starting fridge temp was 89F and within 3 hours fridge temp was down to 35F.

I'm super happy, happy, happy. Big bonus is that now you have a separate thermostat for fridge and freezer.

Oh I forgot, I ran a 10ga wire from battery to fridge and installed 25amp in line fuse at the battery for safety.
scott-pati is offline   Reply With Quote