View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #19
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
What do others do to keep pipes behind the convenience panel from freezing? We’re outside Ft Worth where it’s been sub freezing for 3 days. We’re using a heated water hose. Yesterday it got up to 33 and I found water running out from beneath the basement. I opened the basement and found it flooded. I pulled the panel behind the convenience panel off and found the water pump had frozen and cracked. Luckily there was a CW about 10 miles away with a replacement pump. This morning (17 degrees) I went to replace it and found all the pipes behind the panel frozen. I’ve got a small room heater in there now thawing it out. Keystone advertises 4 season protection. False advertising?
I use a thermostatically controlled ceramic 750W/1500W heater in basement. I use heat tape from the end of the heated hose up all the connectors I have to the wall of the panel. I cut holes in the panel so hot air gets in there. Block the bottom hole. All that is powered off my solar/lithium system so even in a power outage we can last a few hours before I have to hook up a couple of 2000W Hondas. for a few hours to fill the 400AH of battery.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote