View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 10:58 PM   #2
TomHerod
Established Member

M.O.C. #31290
Survive so far

This my first winter so I’m learning. To answer your questions: Yes to skirt. We had one made by a couple in Villa Grove, Colorado, that snaps on with sailboat snaps. I bought 2 DeLonghi sealed oil heaters (seemed safest to me). I use one in the living/kitchen area to cut down on propane use and one in the basement (pass through under storage). When I leave, I use the anti-freeze function that turns on when the temperature goes below 5 C or 41 F. There are pipes in the kitchen area and the grey and black water systems are adjacent to the basement—all near oil electric heaters. I completely drained the on board water tank. And I dump the grey and black water if I’m leaving for any length of time. I have full power and water. The power takes care of the heaters. For the water, I use city water through 2-50ft and 1-25ft Camco heated hose. I’ve hooked them together (power to each hose) and connect them to the Colorado freeze prevention yard faucet (one of those funny looking orange C-shaped handles on top of a metal pipe leading to the real faucet below ground). Make sure the rubber insulation sleeves are over the metal hose connectors. I also put a small ceramic heater next to the metal pipe coming from 4 ft underground on the yard faucet and then put a trash can over the faucet. Last night it was below 20 degrees. And water was available all night long. Just in case some part of this system does freeze, it does so outside of the Montana because of the heaters keep the inside pipes warm. I also keep a few gallons of water for the toilet and washing, in case the outside water supply (hoses, etc) freezes, until the sun unfreezes them the next day. If leaving, I unhook the water and drain what water is in the system. This my first winter, please correct any foolish suggestions tha I have just made. Keep warm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B45D3FE7-548D-4306-A6FA-8EA1014E5E07.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	447.8 KB
ID:	13631   Click image for larger version

Name:	2DD7CA96-E56A-453F-9E8A-4F39D32AC3EC.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	562.1 KB
ID:	13632   Click image for larger version

Name:	33CB1514-DF4B-4745-BC6D-CB0023D84128.jpeg
Views:	22