Thread: Travel Apps
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 03:19 PM   #18
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Since 2010 I have used a $50 or so program called Trailer Life Directory Campground NAvigator. It had most campgrounds in USA (and Canada) with ratings. You put in how many miles per day, overshoot limits, restrictions like Interstates only, all roads, etc. It would map out everything.
Unfortunately Trailer Life (maybe now RV Life??) stopped sharing ratings. Next release had campgrounds with minimal info and no ratings. That was the end of the program.

I now still use it because I don't need no stinkin' internet!! LOL A lot of new parks missing, but I manage. I just create the route, then look on RV Life Reviews for a park with good ratings and needed features (50A, etc) near the stop offs that the program picked.

Often the internet is poor, etc and I have no way to look at the route while traveling with the newer programs, but with mine I can just open the laptop and see where I need to go.
I am still bummed out that they went out of business..

EDIT: With how busy parks are now, I map things out months in advance so I can boot months in advance. Now days, any park in a scenic area or Nat. Parks have to be booked 3-6 months in advancd. 2 years ago I wanted in to Teton Nat Park and tried 3-4 months out - No deal. Last year I booked in December for an August site and got it. Sure makes things harder.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote