View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 01:45 AM   #9
mjammersc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17609
Just as some background info, at least for those who have heated underbellies, last year when we were camping in some freezing weather (our first time in that cold), I took my outside thermometer sensor and put it in the storage area by the convenience center/water pump to see how cold it got and it was about 15-20 degrees lower than my internal camper heat setting. We usually keep the trailer in the low 60s at night so the storage area was in the low to mid 40s. We did have our heat pads on all the tanks (except that trip I figured out the black tank pad was bad as it didn't cause any increase in DC or AC current when I turned it on - since replaced on warranty) and had a decent load of water in the fresh tank (no hose hooked up as it was an electric only site). We got down to ~24-25 outside and it was nice and cozy inside with no water line issues. One think to always remember is to let the furnace run on occasion to keep the underbelly warmer vs just relying on space heaters unless you also put some underneath.

mjammersc is offline   Reply With Quote