View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #7
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
I don't understand why you would want to pay more for something by purchasing it from a third party with almost zero value add proposition...and to make matters worse you can pay additional finance interest on the already overpriced OEM branded versions of better retail products. I don't get the appeal especially with regards to drop in replacement batteries.
I can understand why the scenario above is not appealing. But, I would also say it is a generalization. In my research on the Super Solar Flex package, I found that the selling price of the package was very similar to buying the components separately and having them installed. And, the components are brand names like Magnum and Victron. So, your scenario definitely was not my experience with the SSF package.

And, as a bonus, I have had access to fantastic support from the Montana factory crew, including an email reply last week on the Thanksgiving holiday when I was having power issues. The reply was timely and I was walked through how to restore power while replacement parts are being shipped.
If I had assembled all of that myself, I would have had to chase down at least 3 vendors and I really doubt that any would have returned my email for several days over the long weekend.

So my experience? Similar price, bundled components that are brand name and known to work together, along with the best service I've experienced in over 20 years of owning RVs. In case any are wondering, I've become a fan

Brad