Thread: RV Inspection
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 05:32 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
This is what I learned from 1 hours worth of searching the subject. I knew ZIP about the availability or costs of RV inspections before I read your post. You should do the same thing I did for your own research.

Go to our sister forum IRV2 (you can log in using your credentials from this forum) and use the GOOGLE SEARCH bar to search the forum “cost of rv inspection”. You will get many results mostly about motorhome inspections but it is interesting reading. Motorhome inspections are more expensive than a fifth wheel inspection. Like many things you purchase - you can pay for many different “degrees” of inspection. I came away thinking motorhome inspections run $600 to $1100 or more. I did not see many threads on fifth wheel inspections, but my guess would be $100 for a quick go-around, to maybe $400-$500 for a thorough 4-6 hour inspection + one hour to write a report that would include photos.

Do the same search for this forum…search and read.

I learned about the National RV Inspection Association and certified inspectors (nrvia.org). They have an “inspector locator” map on their website and there are 2 inspectors located near you. Call or email them for more info and a quote.

You can also do a search on your web browser for RV INSPECTORS SOUTH DAKOTA and you will get a longer list of possibilities to contact.

I came away thinking you should budget $300 to $500. Contact several companies from your search and let us know what you find out. Here is a screen shot from the NRVIA map search.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BBF92960-A070-4464-B627-6C5836400A10.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	13899  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote