Old 01-07-2023, 10:49 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Off topic:

Inspectors? I wouldn't waste my money on them. And the RV industry is even more "loosie goosie" than the housing industry.
Your entire post is so right on. After retirement from the communications industry I had a small home repair business for about 15 years. Many realtors would call me to fix the defects found by the home inspector. What a joke 90% of these inspections were. Inspectors would point out minor things to justify their charge and ignore major things either because they didn't look, didn't know, or didn't want to piss off the agent getting them work.
I was very familiar with one inspector who really knew his stuff. He did a thorough and complete inspection. It wasn't too long before there wasn't a realtor in the area that would recommend him. He was queering too many sales with his honest and factual reports.
I quit doing this service after about two years because I couldn't stand the hypocrisy of it.

Having said this and getting back to Lynneb's dilemma. If you have very little knowledge regarding RV's, and little trust in your dealership, it could still be money well spent. A very thorough PDI with your dealer should satisfy most your needs. A better choice is probably a friend with RV experience either joining you for the PDI or performing an independent inspection.
In the end it's all going to be OK and you will be entering a very enjoyable life style.