View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #7
jetskier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igoo65 View Post
I have a 3000RK and last weekend we blew the speakers. Our system has (3) 2-1/2" square speakers cut into the wood frame above the tv and two rear channel speakers hanging from the ceiling. These are the left, right and center channel speakers. I have replaced the original stereo receiver with a Yamaha RV-V485. I guess we got a little over zealous over the Labor Day weekend, 4 of the five speakers are blown.
The OE speakers are probably only rated for 10-20 watts per channel. The Yamaha receiver puts out 80...

I stripped the Jensen receiver and speakers. The factory system speakers were only rated at 4W per speaker. You could not hear anything and there were no lows to speak of. I put in a Pioneer Car A/V DVD receiver and a 4-channel amp with 75W per channel for the front and rear channels. I used 6x8 car stereo speakers rated for 100W RMS per channel. I mounted two of them in the cabinet and the rears float in boxes. I installed a 12" sub powered by a separate 300W amp behind the recliners.

I have a similar 2.1 setup for the outside system. I mounted the receiver and amp to the ceiling of the front pass-through. I have an additional 12" sub there.

We don't bump it too hard, but sometimes we flex at the lake.