Thread: Air Bags
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 02:02 PM   #10
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
I have an AirLift self leveling system with one compressor on my TV. With one compressor, both air bags inflate at the same time. The leveling sensor is set to respond to an non-level condition after 30 seconds so that the system is not triggered by normal suspension travel while driving. Lateral pressure on the TV and Monty from cross winds can shift weight to the downwind side. When that happens, the compression of the air bag on the downwind side forces air through the common lines to the upwiind side. As a result, it does not provide side-to-side leveling in that situation. IMHO a better solution would be a sway bar on the TV if yours does not already have one. Also, a good set of gas pressure shocks (read that Bilstein) on the TV will help. Personally, I have towed in 20-35 mph crosswinds and not had a problem. It's a little more work to stay in your lane and you'll burn more fuel but that's all I have noticed.