Thread: Retirement ....
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 10:56 AM   #19
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
I was fortunate to retire a couple of years prior to Covid restrictions. It took one of those vacation trips to Europe to break away from my all-encompassing aspects of the political world of terrorism, international news and hard-core law enforcement of 45 years. With several weeks away from the news world and events, I no longer needed to stay abreast of the world events, my part was done! From then on, it felt good to simply start the day with a cup of coffee, 10 minutes of local news and then switch to a music channel. I can even appreciate country music in my new mellow state. The hard part was adjusting to not interrogating new acquaintances, in asking questions about themselves. My normal conversation at work began several 100 times a day with "What is the purpose of your Visit!", " What type of work do you do!", " What assets do you have to support yourself while here". It's still a bit hard to get into normal conversations, when your day or week is just being home now and talking about "You Tube" or other media things. Enjoy Dutch and thanks for your story.