View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
lookingfornewadventure
Established Member

M.O.C. #29455
Horrible First Time Out

Hi

Took our first trip in our new to us fifth wheel and had one problem after another. We had the thing independently inspected before we bought, so I can only imagine user error…

First, the previous owners had installed a plumbing loop of some kind hooking up city water and black tank flush to single hose, with a valve. I hooked up water, could not figure out what the strange cycling sound was, and low and behold water started pouring out of the toilet after a while. Sewer wasn’t hooked up yet, I noticed black tank sensor was full, so I ran to hook up and drain it. Thank god there was nothing “dirty” in there yet. First lesson learned, the little valve on the plumbing loop is REALLY important…. Should also add that they installed the LCI waste master sewer connections, if that matters.

Next I ran a load of towels in newly installed washer (dealer did it), made sure both grey tanks were open (dealer told us there was only one grey flush valve but thanks to this forum I knew better, thank you!) and in the spin cycle, water came pouring out into the carpeted bedroom, and all around the hitch outside. Mopped up that mess, bought a dehumidifier, and tried to turn on the furnace. After blowing for 30 seconds or so, it turns off. No sound of ignition outside. Stove works, gas is running. Then I tried to take a shower and the water isn’t draining from the shower pan at all. Sensors say tanks are empty, and I checked that kitchen sink is draining, and bathroom sink is draining.

We are at our wits end, are we overlooking something? Wondering if we bought a lemon, if there is more creative plumbing somewhere, etc…. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. We are dirty and cold! ��. Oh, yeah, 2018 3121. Thanks!
lookingfornewadventure is offline   Reply With Quote