View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 01:27 PM   #29
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Mia View Post
Hi all, we were so happy we were going to finally take delivery of our 3931FB Montana fifth wheel this morning but was informed that the dealership delivery team had an issue with their trailer hitch which caused our RV to fall onto the side of their delivery vehicle. Basically the Cap was damaged on the drivers side due to a stress fracture on their hitch causing the locking pin to come undone.

They have it in the body shop to get holes, dents and dings fixed but I question if we should even accept delivery of a, now damaged, unit. What should I be looking for as other damage from dropping the Cap on a fifth wheel? They said they didn’t see any structural damage; however, the unit is closed up so not sure if they really checked anything inside. Should I even take delivery of a damaged unit now or make them get me a new, undamaged unit?

Perplexed and disappointed….

Thanks for any replies.

Mia
RUN!!!

If the frame is damaged or weakened you could be killed in the ensuing wreck. There is no way a dealer can guarantee the rig is 'as new' after that kind of an incident. Better to wait and be safe.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote