View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 08:31 AM   #11
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
First time I hooked up and started pulling out of the dealer lot, I looked in my mirrors and thought, my God that thing is big! What have I done! As mentioned above; height, wide turns, and tailswing.

More than once I almost got in trouble by forgetting the height. Once in a state park with narrow lanes and trees close along side. Stopped just in time to prevent hitting the roof on an overhanging limb over the road. Another time I pulled up to the rear of a Sonic drive in to get something to eat and edged up to the rearmost stall stopping just short of the overhead awning. When I got ready to leave I almost started to pull forward. Thankfully it was "almost".

Wide on the turns, especially right turns, to keep from jumping curbs or scraping something along side the road. And pulling in/out of service stations.

And tail swing. After years of pulling mine in and out of a covered storage facility with no problem, one time I got careless. Tail swing caught a steel column and nearly ripped the rear cap off. About $14,000 damage. Thankfully insurance covered all but $500 deductible.

Otherwise, just enjoy you new toy.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote