View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #19
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
more money in the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldicon View Post
My 3121 goes to the dealer for the frame flex problem. I've seen pictures of the repairs and looked over the repair TSB. Can I ask what you did differently than the TSB calls for? Pictures?

As I was standing there with a water fire exstquiser while the welder was working I thought I should take pictures of this but didn`t as I was fighting the weather working out side. I did not remove the slide that would be a deal breaker, I removed the outside trim, the motors and the chest of drawers in side and just pushed the slide in with help of course, did not remove the cap either just raised it up enough to gain access to the front stud, all 3 were broken,just added more and heavier on the factory idea with lager 2x8`s instead of 2x6 with longer and larger screws from the steel ledge that the whole mess sits on up into the 2x8` along with aluminum gussets at all stud intersections top and bottom.also removed the skin under the nose to add steel gussets at all the intersections. The glue and gun you can buy on line for wall replacement. Not hard just time consuming and a couple of scaffolding from the rental store. One thing I did do is use a seal with a water wipe on it that you can get from Orvin in Indiana that way you don't caulk the trim piece under and on the side of the nose. I would insit on that instead of replacing the orinanl trim piece that moves when it dose flex and breaks the silicon loose. It`s called UDF corner extrusion seal only 21.00 dollars for enough to do the job.He uses this on all his frame flex repairs. yeh I know it`s not suppose to move but it will you have broken the integrity of he wall with cutting it loose from the rest of the wall. Good luck.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote