View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 03:01 PM   #31
Sac Colorado
Established Member

M.O.C. #20706
If you work on your truck get a RAM

Hi. I've always liked and owned Ford's. But when I bought my last and current truck - 2017 RAM 3500 SRW Laramie longhorn with a high output Cummins and an Aisin tranny. It came down to my ability to work on the truck (for me). The Ford and GM will probably beat my Ram from 0 -'60'mph, but that's not what I bought my truck for. Just take a look under the hood, the Ford and GM"s are "plumbing nightmares" (my opinion) compared to the RAM. On my RAM I believe I can change my water pump in a couple of hours start to finish. On youtube I watched a professional mechanic change the water pump on a Ford 6.7 and it took him MORE than a 8 hour shift to complete (he didn't pull the cab on the video I watched). If you plan to always have the dealer do the work (and stuff will break - water pump, alternator, etc) then I would buy the truck that I liked the best - might have been a Ford powerstoke, but if I want to work on it then I think RAM is the truck (also, a lot more room around the straight 6 vs either of the V-8's). This is just my opinion, take it for what that's worth. Good luck.
Sac Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote