View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 03:23 PM   #13
caplanner

M.O.C. #31108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
We tried long time, not full time in a 34’ 5er. Got cramped in about 2 weeks. Went to a 43’ Montana and it was great. Finally downsized — last 2 have been right at 41’.
Long time or full time storage is just as important. Our last was the front living with tons of storage. The current is the bonus room model and miss all that outside storage.
A stackable washer and dryer is a must! Make sure you have space, forget combos!
We are generally on the road 6-8 months annually.
Thanks CaptnJohn

Not stressing over it anymore but still thinking about what our sweet spot will be as far as length. Yes, carry capacity will be important as well as a washer/dryer if we go long time / full time. I saw a video from RV Nerd, I think is name is Josh, for a Cougar trailer that now has a washer/dryer and a pretty cool floor plan. Less weight but even that is 37' long.

I'll share that the more we look at interest rates for houses we might be keeping the house and do more long trips. I can't imagine giving up a low interest rate for something two or three times that when we want to stop full time rv'ing. It's hot in Fresno in the summer so maybe we just escape to the north for a couple of months starting in June but keep the house as a home base. Then escape again in the foggy months for the desert/south.
caplanner is offline   Reply With Quote