View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 05:00 PM   #14
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by caplanner View Post
Thanks CaptnJohn

Not stressing over it anymore but still thinking about what our sweet spot will be as far as length. Yes, carry capacity will be important as well as a washer/dryer if we go long time / full time. I saw a video from RV Nerd, I think is name is Josh, for a Cougar trailer that now has a washer/dryer and a pretty cool floor plan. Less weight but even that is 37' long.

I'll share that the more we look at interest rates for houses we might be keeping the house and do more long trips. I can't imagine giving up a low interest rate for something two or three times that when we want to stop full time rv'ing. It's hot in Fresno in the summer so maybe we just escape to the north for a couple of months starting in June but keep the house as a home base. Then escape again in the foggy months for the desert/south.
We are on the SE coast of NC. We rarely see snow for more than a few hours once every year or 2. We stay home at the beach during the crowd season and go warmer in winter. Remember the Jimmy B song, I gotta go where the weather suits my clothes? We finally gave up on 3 or 4 months in South Florida. It’s been over run in winter. It was best when almost everywhere was closed for covid. I will miss my winter gun club but nothing else. This winter will be Alabama coast and will search the military CGs in the area for farther out to winter. Besides, at 74 and some health issues who knows how much longer.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote