View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #45
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggarView View Post
Well congrats on the 3813MS... we have one too. Your truck is more than capable. Airbags will smooth the ride but not add to payload capacity. My best guess on hitch weight puts us at about 3500lbs when we are "all in"... we will be getting weighed soon. we will be adding 1200 watts of solar, 400-600AH of LFP batteries and we carry a champion 3150 genny in the truck for when we need more power to run A/C (with soft starts). I considered AGMs but my concern is weight, and LFP fixes that. At a price, steep too. The problem we have is the CCC numbers. with all the goodies on boards we have only about 2100 lbs of CCC left for our stuff, food etc. This why the LFP option works for us. YMMV as they say.

Engineering friend of mine says the pin weight should not exceed 25% of the total OEM trailer axle weight rating. So we should be good. we are also considering an air-ride pin box.
That Air Ride pin box will smooth out the ride for sure. I have one. One of the best options I have added for sure. Damps down chucking but does not eliminate it.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote