View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 08:35 AM   #22
Igoo65
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #25159
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
A little over a year ago, I installed 2" trailer blocks and now the rig is riding level and actually handles much better. The cost for two kits that included four blocks, eight 9/16" U-bolts, and the tie plates, which are needed because your existing tie plates only have 1/2" holes, was 635 CAD, which translated to about $483 US dollars, which yes is a bit high if you have your machine shop set up where you can make them yourself. Having the hydraulic leveling made the job pretty easy and I had no issues doing the install. Below is a photo prior to cutting off the excess bolts. Raising the trailer at the axles did not increase the overall height of the trailer because my highest point is at the front A/C which is very close to the hitch compared to the axles.
Can you address if you needed to do anything with your stairs because of the added height? The reason that I ask this is that I installed Lippert strong steps, a 2-step step and I am at the end of the adjustable length. If I lift the trailer will I have to replace my steps?
Thank you.
Igoo65 is offline   Reply With Quote