View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 04:47 PM   #14
Atoka-Dave
Established Member

M.O.C. #13477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
J Darwin - I do not have this problem - yet - and I have never seen what it looks like behind the residential fridge. Just thinking out loud…I might try to install a piece of skinny plywood - say 3/8” x maybe 30” tall x the width of the fridge cubby. Home Depot or Lowes will cut the plywood to your dimensions in case you don’t have a mobile wood shop with you. Attach the skinny plywood with 1” (maybe 3/4” screws?) screws 6” oc along each stud…maybe even add some construction adhesive on the back side of the plywood. Then attach the bracket to the plywood. I have not seen the bracket but if there was a way to add more screws across the width of plywood - rather than just hitting the same screw holes in the studs as before. The more screws spread across the plywood the better IMHO. I have no idea how much clearance there is between face of bracket and rear wall/back side of the fridge. I assume it is tight however. But if this works - your fridge will sit 3/8” more forward than it did out of the factory, which won’t hurt a thing in our unit. The fridge is accessible during travel with the slides in! So what if it is 3/8" forward? No big deal.
JDarwin, we have the 2016 3721RL and our fridge front touches the island already. Are the brackets made so that the fridge can be 3/8" closer to the wall? I don't have 3/8" to give on the front.
Atoka-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote