View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 05:02 PM   #14
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Another lead for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax07 View Post
Unfortunately, one of our grey tanks on our 3582RL sprung a leak this summer. We've had it at our RV dealership since the end of August. The plan was to replace the tank. The dealership told us that the crack is about 8" long and runs along the seam of the tank.
My understanding is that the seam runs horizontally around the tank. We did use the trailer once by simply leaving the valve open on the grey tank. This is the tank that holds the wasted for one of the bathroom sinks and the shower.
Our problem is that the dealer has told us they are having problems getting a tank. They claim there is only one supplier in the U.S. (we are from Canada) and that the supplier has no inventory. I'm a little skeptical but there is no reason for them to not be truthful.

I asked about the possibility of repairing the tank. They said they could try to repair it but that it doesn't always work and would not guarantee it. Has anyone else had experience with getting a grey tank repaired? Am I better waiting for a new tank or would it be worthwhile to give the repair a try?

Also, anyone know of suppliers for these tanks?
Any help would be appreciated.

Phillips Plastics is located on the Phoenix border with Tempe, which isn't far from Mesa. Their address is 3801 E. Roeser in Phoenix. Webpage is http//www.phillipsplastics.com I'll PM the phone number to you (not sure if it's kosher to list here). In the past, I've taken the item to be repaired directly to them. One other suggested the Harbor Freight plastic welder option.....I would discourage trying to make the repair yourself. The tank is going to have to be removed in any case, so you might as well have a professional do the plastic weld. The suggestion to look into improving the original support mechanism is a good one.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote