View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #7
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowingHome View Post
Was just wondering if this looks normal for underneath the bedroom slide. They were there when we got the rig (we ordered it, so it did not sit in the lot) and noted them to the dealer who seemed unconcerned about them. We got the unit in May and the slide has not been out in any rain as it has not rained in our area since then. The wood underneath the bubbles under the slide do not feel soft or spongy. When I do press on the bubbles I do, however, hear a "clicking" noise like the layer is trying to stick to an adhesive, then lets go. The dealer did wash the rig before our inspection. TIA
My new 2019 331RL did it too. It should not come loose this way but I believe it is a hot / cold thing. They do not leave any room for expansion and contraction of the material under the slide as it is adhered all around and sealed on four sides. When it gets hot, it expands and has to come loose somewhere as the material grows. I think when it gets cooler this fall and eventually in winter the material will shrink and it will be tight to the underside again.