View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 09:15 AM   #1
HDLimitedGuy

M.O.C. #33832
Solar and Lithium batteries going dead

Last October we took delivery or a 2024 3901RK Legacy with 400 watt solar.

10 days later, we left MN to spend the winter in Fort Myers. The 1st night we spent in IA. It was 11:00 PM and 22 degrees. We ran the furnace, fresh water tank heater, 12v fridge and freezer, water pump, and slides. Everything still worked in the morning.

We drove all day. That evening at sunset, everything in and on our camper went dead. No lights of any kind and no slides worked. It was 32 degrees, that night so we slept in the pickup for heat. That next morning I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Montana. They helped me find that little screwdriver switch on the blue box from the solar panels, and changed it from #2 to #7. As soon as I did that, the solar system started to charge, and the lights came back on. Our dealer upgraded our batteries and didn't know about the switch on the blue box. Thought my problem was fixed.

That evening (3rd night) night at sunset our camper went dead again while driving down the intestate. After 3 miles of no lights we hit the 1st exit and found a Walmart. As soon as the sunlight hit the solar panels the lights on the camper came back to life. Same thing happened the 4th night. Been hooked up to shore power every since.

Montana sent out a mobile tech. He found the solar panels where working properly. A few days ago I had a Retired Electrical Engineer here in the RV park check the batteries. They are good.

3 days ago I unplugged from shore power and at sunset the camper once again went dead. I read a few articles here, found one about a switch next to the fuse panel. Mine looks similar but not the same.

Sorry this is long winded, but I know how everyone needs the details to help solve our issues. Any great ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Tom from Minnesota
hdlimitedguy@gmail.com
HDLimitedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote