View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 10:25 AM   #10
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
I'll share a couple of my videos from my YouTube channel I created for RV videos I've made.. None of my videos are masterpieces.. The intent was to have some video references for RV owners that prefer to see things instead of reading PDFs and such..

The first video highlights the repair I wrote a PDF about that is also stored on this website.. I hope the info within in gives others that have torn Darco ideas about how they can repair the issue themselves. Adoption and alteration of my method is key for each owner as their slide out system may be different from my slide outs.. Mine are all hydraulic but the UHMW could be used.. I think to repair any in wall electric side as well.. Allowances for rollers and such may have to be looked at to adapt the repair..

https://youtu.be/EtgzzhXodlk

The second video is just a revisit of my repair to show folks all is well with the repair. I used these slides at least 100 times since the repair was installed. I also operated these slides in October on a very cold morning up in Montana when the outside temp was 10 degrees.. There were zero issues with the slide out moving up over the ear bar onto the UHMW in the cold weather..

** NOTE - when I need to repair the other main slide Darco .. and I will in early spring due to slight signs of the same wearing on the outer edges of the Darco material I will lift the slide up about 1/4 inch and slide the UHMW strip in so that the wear bar maintains constant contact .

Why? Based on feedback from others that have used my repair method the slide motion is even smoother since the UHMW strip doesn't have to make that initial "ramp up" onto the wear bar... Also there is NO issues with having a good seal underneath when the slide is fully extended or retracted.. The 0.125 thickness of the UHMW does not affect sealing..

https://youtu.be/bQ20NgM8FC0

Hopefully no one minds me sharing these two crude videos from my youtube channel.. Tis the only way to share larger files and such on many groups

Wishing all a great Thanksgiving tomorrow..
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote