View Single Post
Old 09-16-2023, 08:05 PM   #14
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
Much the same as what has already been said. 68 in a bit; I'm still doing everything I used to, but it's a lot harder. I just finished a 8 day, 8-10 hour per day project working on ladders at 16'; building a shed, metal siding & a 10x10 door. Had to do it all myself; wife is down with a knee injury. I just have to learn when to back off and break out the check book.

Like most, we have slowed considerably since retirement in 2015/2018. Eight hour driving days were normal; twelve hours and occasionally sixteen hours not out of the question if we wanted to get somewhere. This was not too hard on me since I did an enormous amount of driving when I was working. Vacations used to be stressful for my family; after spending a lot of money to get somewhere, go, go, go; you can nap or sleep when we get home. However, not anymore. Now, after six hours, we are ready to stop. We are planning to go to Alaska again next year and planning six hour or less travel days with many no travel days.

It's going to be tough to write checks for, what I consider, sub-standard work; but I won't be able to continue working like this forever. I guess everyone gets there at some point. My son keeps telling me to slow down and get some help; he's right.

Best of luck to everyone and take it easy.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote