View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 07:48 PM   #35
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
George, If you can avoid the Chicago mess do so. If it were me I'd come down I-29 through Omaha and go to St. Joseph, MO then take Hwy 36 east out of St Joe to Hannibal and go South from there and across East to Goldsboro. We head to Alabama frequently and that is the way we take which avoids any large city traffic. St Louis is the only big city you would have to contend with and you can avoid it by taking the interstate that goes around it to the north of the city and comes out on the Illinois side of the Mississippi!
[QUOTE=jimcol;1287434]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatacus View Post
In the map that I just posted the trip planner said that it will take me 40 hrs 11 min. and the first map route that I posted said 37 hrs 51 min.

We used many trip planners in our 23 years of RV'ing. Except on very short trips we never came close to matching their time predictions. They figure times based on driving the posted speed limits 100% of the time. We never achieved that pulling the 5'er. Every time you slow down it takes longer to get back up to speed. We always required at least a couple of fuel stops if driving long days. Always needed bathroom breaks and generally a lunch break if doing long days. Rule of thumb, we averaged 50 miles per hour trip after trip. Your results may vary but I'll bet it's not by much.

Thank you guys very much it is deeply appreicated I will look at my map with Good Sam again I did wrote down those city and states you mentions and will give it a try, wow, this site and the people on this site are awesome and you just don't know how this lightening up a big load off of my mind, what's left of it anyway, lol.
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote