View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 03:59 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
In my unit - the small shades are ok to travel in the down position. They have always worked great. However the two large shades in my unit (dining table shade and the rear window shade) - I think I need to add more bracket clips across the top for more support. The end brackets for my rear window shade bowed out/bent and the shade would not stay attached. The rear end bounces like crazy. When the shade there seemed to be more force put on the end brackets and the shade was down every time. I fixed it (temporarily) by stuffing some blocks of foam between the valence and the shade hardware ends. This prevents the shade from bouncing or moving out of the brackets. The permanent fix is to add more supports across the top and new end brackets. Irvine Shade would probably send them to me if I asked…it’s on the list lol things to do.

The issue with my dining table shade was the internal shade spring broke/lost tension. It would not go up on its own and I had to manually roll it up. Irvine Shade sent me new guts for both shades which I installed. They work better - not perfect. Installing these springs on a big shade is a two man job. The videos on Irvine shade website are accurate for a tiny little shade but the big shades are floppy and very difficult to handle by yourself.

I pull shades down for storage.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote