View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 10:31 PM   #4
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
4a. SOLAR - upgrade to Victron 50 amp controllers

I was having some issues with the Jaboni 30 amp controllers and breakers. I think controller #2 was faulty, and it kept tripping the breaker. I talked to Matt at Future Sales and he suggested I needed replacement parts. I asked about upgrading to 50 amp controllers, and he suggested that I go with dual Victron 50 amp controllers. He also offered to install all of this onto a sub panel with new breakers. We made a deal and within a week the parts arrived.

In order to properly mount the new sub panel, I needed to move the transfer switch inboard. I cut a 12x34" piece of 3/4" plywood and mounted that to the studs where the transfer switch had been mounted. The transfer switch is mounted inboard, and the new sub panel with dual Victron 50 amp MPPT solar controllers is mounted closer to the outside.

BTW, I had to empty the storage bay to remove the wall panel so that I could reach everything. Still took some gymanstics

Matt sent the instructions on how to connect everything up, and it was very straightforward. I currently have the rig parked at my house doing work on the unit, and I have a lot of trees, so I can't comment on the charging performance yet.

Hope you enjoy!

Brad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6113 (1).jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	9570   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6114 (1).jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	9571