View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 08:21 PM   #18
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
A very basic diagram depicting hyd fluid flow from the pump (1), to the Extend side manifold (2), to the IRC (3),and then return side thru the Return manifold

The IRC.. individual room control allows you to turn off the flow of fluid to one or more hydraulic slides for operation or troubleshooting use.

If you think you have a hydraulic slide cylinder leaking internally ( bypassing fluid ) then you can close all but the one you wish to test.

Then loosen the JIC37 fitting on the IRC for that slide and push the RETRACT BUTTON for the hydraulic slides. If more than a few drips comes out of that loosened fitting then you “know” that cylinder is bypassing internally.

Note .. the IRC hydraulic lines are all orange colored (extend pressure).

I believe my info is technically sound but if someone feels the info is incorrect then please delete my post..

And thanks Dieselguy for the tidbit.l knew this but often forget that if ANY if the hydraulic slides have an internal leak it can affect and entirely different slide due to weight of slide, distance if fluid travel in the lines , etc

My method lets you test those slide cylinders without having to get access to each cylinder .. which would be a royal pain since the main hydraulic slide cylinders are up under the belly coroplast.

** Note.. if you have a BR slide (hydraulic) that creeps open from time to time your problem “could be” the BR slide cylinder OR it could be one or both of the main hydraulic slide cylinders.

If for example one of the main hydraulic slides is leaking internally the hydraulic fluid will want to push a slide open.. the lightest weight slide is the BR slide and it will creep open while the actual main slide leaking cylinder slide remains closed

Link to Lippert PDF to perform hydraulic slide cylinder internal bypass leak test…

I did not depict the Hydac valve for the hydraulic slides with this post because we are discussing internal cylinder bypass issues

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002011.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	26E52F95-FBE7-4AF6-B82B-FD54F4026263.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	13993  
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote