Thread: had to do it
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 07:16 PM   #8
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
It`s been stinking hot everywhere and my rear a/c died, the heat side went out last winter (reversing valve stuck in cool) now the cool side steadily got warmer, it`s done. I wasn`t going to pay 1600 dollars for a new roof mount that doesn't cool the camper anyway on hot days. On Facebook there are a gazillion people complaining that their A/C`s don`t cool their Montan`s and what to do about it.
I`ve try all the fixes with almost no success so perfect time to put in a Mini Split and solve the heat problem forever. I put in a 230 volt 18,000 BTU Senville Mini split. for 1100 dollars flat. There is no comparison to Keystones idea of cool. The unit is so quiet you have to listen for it to be sure it`s running. I puts out 40-degree air (try that with your roof mount on a hot day) it comes with a WIFI remote you can turn the unit on and off from anywhere. The outside unit is just as quiet and runs on less than half the amp draw of a roof mount. Perfect for my 230 volt generator. It draws 5 amp per side and with the inverter compressor you don`t need an expensive easy start.
I mounted the indoor unit above the kitchen cabinets and the air blows all the way to the fireplace wall with some force I might ad. It heats down to 5 degrees, are you listening keystone. It can really turn the camper into a meat locker if you want to. It was 92 degrees where I'm at for the test it brought the camper down to 70 degrees in 30 mins. Just no comparison.
Before anyone says you can`t access the rear storage I used a 750 lb tray that folds down to roll the tray out. The outside unit weighs 50 lbs. so it`s easy to lower with the flexible refrigerant lines.
Well done....question, how the heck do you access the rear storage compartment?