View Single Post
Old 01-24-2024, 01:01 PM   #28
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Didn't do my "final" today. It's been pouring rain and "they" didn't want to open the plantation house up today. So far, there have been no visitors. Meanwhile, everyone is engaged in projects right now themselves taking advantage of no visitors or guests on the property. It's amazing how rain keeps people away!

Meanwhile, I've been working on those black smithing tools, wire grinding them down and spray painting as I go. Lots of really, really old style black smithing tongs for reaching into the hot coals. "He" has me slotted to help replace some of the lumber on the black smith shop also. It's rotted out. They got the lumber in a couple days ago, but now the weather is against us.

The camper is doing fine. I did find I have some separation along the edge of one of the slides. Looks water intruded and caused the wood on the bottom of the slide to swell, popping out some of the screws, enabling even more water in. I don't think the wood is rotted out enough for replacement, I just need to find a good size of L shaped metal, about 2 inches or more wide to cover the new gap along that bottom edge. But, not until that wood dries up. Then I pack it full of wood sealers and putty and then attach, with a lot of calk and seal up that gap. It's not a hard job to do. About 2 years ago I had to do the same thing to the opposite slide. It's held up pretty good.

Meanwhile, dodging rain drops today, and truly enjoying this 65 degree weather! It is currently 45 degrees back home in Indiana. I'll keep the 65 for now, even with the rain!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote