View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 12:43 PM   #12
E Rod
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21551
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigB in FL View Post
Just returned from a trip with our 2015 3582RL and was doing a post trip inspection & maintenance. Found the LR tire was about to show steel cord on the inside, so I bought four new tires and upgraded from the GY load E tires to Sailun S637 load G. Also discovered the RR hanger bolt & yellow cams were missing!! Don't know how long it was like that on this trip, but the spring was still in the3 hanger and there doesn't seem to be any damage. It is the Correct Track system.

Now comes the problem. I can't seem to identify, with confidence, what replacement bolt I need. Keystone lists a local dealer as an authorized service center near me, but they will only service units they have sold. Their parts department supposedly looked up the bolt and gave me a part number (Keystone #297698) for a kit of four bolts. The bolts arrived, but they are too short. They look like bolts for the shackles, not the hangers. Does anybody have the correct part numbers I need for the bolts & cams? And can you suggest a source of supply? Direct from Lippert or some secondary source?

Lastly, is there any definitive guidance concerning wet bolts versus dry bolts?? A local (commercial/utility) trailer shop said they don't use or recommend wet bolts any more due to breakage. If dry bolts are preferable, I can get what I need from them, but still need part number and source for the hanger cams.

Thanks!!
I replaced all my wet bolts with dry bolts and installed new bronze bushings. However I put plenty of grease in each one. I like the idea that each bolt was 9/16 all the way through. I purchased them from a commercial trailer sales dealership. The plastic bushings were toast. Would not recommend them.

2021 F350 DRW Long Bed 6.7 Diesel Lariat Ultimate
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote