View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 08:09 AM   #8
RickyRobert
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27598
BOAR Wheel Clearance

The new configuration will add approximately 1 inch to the diameter. This means 1/2 inch higher lift off the ground, which may or may not make you want to take a look at the rig’s level when hitched up (depending on how happy you were previously). This means a loss of 1 inch between the two axle’s tire spread, which you should be concerned about if you started with less than four inches previously. You need sufficient clearance to “throw” out a piece of wood etc. And last, but certainly not least, you lose 1/2 inch between the top of the tire and “anything” on the RV - this is where you may find the need to trim-the-trim. Please also check that you won’t rub any part of the frame if that axle maximizes its lift when going over a speed bump, pot hole, etc. You will also find that the new configuration may be just a little bit wider than the original. Having said all of this, I was able to replace the originals on my Pinnacle, but not on my new Montana. Hence my nearly-new set of BOARs being for sale at less than half of retail as we speak.

2020 3931FB (every option but exterior kitchen)
2019 RAM 3500 DRW 4X4, HO Turbo Diesel, 4.10 Axle
B&W Companion 25K OEM Puck System
RickyRobert is offline   Reply With Quote