View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 05:45 PM   #12
Richard Blackwell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19705
Send a message via AIM to Richard Blackwell Send a message via MSN to Richard Blackwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Venture II View Post
Over the years buying tires for my trucks, wifes car and 5 kids cars I've developed a pretty good relationship with a local tire dealer. Have used many a set of Michelins especially on kids cars as they drove many a mile across the country going to and from college. Never a flat or any tire issues. Balanced well and tire life was very good. My last set on my truck were Michelins and they ran 8 years before i put new on due to age of tires. Ran them 55k miles and no regrets. One thing I've noticed on the FW tires, they are not balanced. Granted they seem to be wearing well, all 4 are equally worn and even across the tread. Should I consider having new tires balanced? My concern is our planned trip to the east coast in late July and returning through the south in the fall. About 8k miles and tire problems are not something I want. I generally cruise at 62-66 as this is my "sweet spot" for mileage and comfort.
Just think of balancing trailer tires in terms of saving both trailer suspension AND trailer contents...we just finished a 5600+ mile trip from west coast to east coast and back...roads would have eaten our FW up externally and internally had the tires not been balanced, along with having the moryde suspension.
2013 3402RL
Richard Blackwell is offline   Reply With Quote