View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 04:08 PM   #15
agoodwin3940

M.O.C. #21872
Something else to consider is the iNCommand body control module (BMC). I had a similar problem with the slides stopping. I figured it was the 50 amp resettable breaker several others have listed above. I checked my rig and found that I had a factory installed 80 amp breaker and it was not tripping while the slides were in operation. I checked the battery, all connections, etc- couldn't find anything.

I gave up and took it to the dealership. $700 and a battery compartment full of hydraulic fluid later they pronounced the whole system kaput. Said I would need new hydraulic cylinders, valves- the whole works. They claimed this was based on advice from Lippert.

I declined and took my rig home. I got out my multimeter and just started tracing stuff. I found that the iNCommand BCM sends a low amperage signal to the trombetta solenoid, which in turn sends the high amp current to the hydraulic pump to power the slides. The BCM would send the low amp signal to my meter all day long, but would disappear when connected to the trombetta solenoid.

My solution was to run the low amp signal from the BCM to trigger two standard 40 amp automotive relays (one for extend, one for retract), which then pass a higher amp signal from the downstream side of the 80 amp breaker to trigger the trombetta solenoid.

Just to be clear- my wiring only carries the signal from the BCM- not the current to power the pump. The pump still pulls power from the trombetta solenoid just like when it left the factory.

This fix has worked perfectly for 4 years now. Total cost $25.

I want be sure to post this because there's not a lot information for people dealing with iNCommand systems. And also, just because the 50/80 amp breaker is by far the most common problem, it's not the only possible problem. AND I'm not an RV tech, electrician, underwear model or astronaut- so please forgive me if some of my nomenclature is wrong.

Good luck with your rig and check the signal from the BCM.
agoodwin3940 is offline   Reply With Quote