View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 03:42 PM   #13
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I've expressed my disdain for mattress toppers many times and my opinion has not changed. Don't spend money throwing lipstick on the pig. Throw out the pig and get a new mattress that will work for you.

What type of mattress do you have in your house? If you are happy with that mattress, then get one for the camper. You won't need a box spring through, so the mattress will be a bit more firm. Or, better yet, drag the one out of your house and try it in our camper and see how it works.

Next are many, many varieties of foam mattresses. He have always used Serta mattresses (we enjoy the counting sheep), until my son ordered a Helix. That thing was so comfortable, when the original in our Montana High Country finally bit the dust completely, we replaced it with a new Helix.

By far, not the cheapest! Actually, Helix is probably one of the most expensive you'll ever get. But the question is.... Is your back worth it! The more nights you spend in your camper, the more important it becomes to invest in a good, comfortable mattress.

Helix comes all squished up in a box. You open the box, cut the vacuum package and watch that sucker expand.... in our case .... all 16 inches thick! What a great night of sleep! I don't think we'll be going back to Serta's now.

When it comes to what we sleep on, we get what we pay for! Helix is NOT cheap!

Click here.

Note: you do have to be careful though that you don't get a new mattress (or even a topper) too thick if the mattress is under a night stand on each side of the bed, or a window.

One thing that happened with our Helix, it raised us up more than 12 inches. When sleeping, someone can actually stand outside the camper and look UP into the window and see us in bed. It's high. So, we've make double sure all our blinds are always closed ..... especially at night!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote