View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 09:56 PM   #44
BrianVer2
Established Member

M.O.C. #31132
Hello RVers'
Brrr. Things here have been going pretty well. No major hiccups with this rig this Summer. We've had our time to ourselves shrink, being replaced by FEMA wanting this and that only to tell you got what every got. Ups and downs as can be expected from the government. The President said FEMA has to pay 100%. We decided to stick with our law firm and let them make sure the don't continue to mess with us.
Anywho, the temperature reading outside (Santa Rosa NM) is 36 degrees Fahrenheit. It's not like we didn't know cold weather was approaching. We've started on skirting our RV. We have a potable water hose with built-in heat tape,

I tried to get the furnace going a week ago, back when it the temps were a moderate 80 degrees during the days. When the furnace didn't start from the Dometic AC control panel in the Furn position, I wasn't surprised. I opened the panel to the furnace found out this isn't a Dometic furnace, but an Atwood I downloaded the Atwood 8535 IV.
Directions for lighting the pilot-less furnace. Pretty much what I expected, except for line # 2
where it says go to the thermostat and turn it down all the way. Thermostat? I believe I've been all over this RV either doing maintenance and cleaning. Neither of us have found a thermostat, or a place where one might have been. Prior to this information I imagined that somehow the Dometic control system would do what needed to be done to make the air warm, doh!

Again I don't know ...
Any help would much appreciated
Brian