View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 12:09 PM   #48
BrianVer2
Established Member

M.O.C. #31132
Smile

Yes it was the terminology, that and I've never owned a RV Fifth Wheel before. Once I got the manual and selected "Furn" I saw the the programming and thermostat were available . Furnace lit itself and put out plenty of heat to get the RV warm. That and the electric fireplace do well down to 13 degrees, when all the air leaks around the base of the slides and aluminium framed windows were working against us. We added closed cell styrofoam carpet padding over the floor slides and a few of the windows it was tolerable inside at night. Only issue now is the quantity of propane it requires to keep the RV habitable. I just ordered an oil filled radiator electric heater to cut down on the propane bill.

On another note Neighbors helping Neighbors is helping pay to level a place for the RV and move it back to our property! Also they hired a contractor to grade the place where our home was so that we can move a single wide to the site. Friends have offered us a single wide mobile home for free and the same contractor will move that from 20 miles away to our home site now that the Army Corp of Engineers has removed the debris of our house and out-buildings.

Things are looking up after 7 months of being refugees from our homestead and ranch in the mountains of New Mexico!
Thanks for all the help from Y'all for getting us safe and sound in this beautiful Montana Fifth Wheel!
Brian and Nell Rodgers