View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 11:09 AM   #14
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe direnzi View Post
Hello all.Hope everyone is doing well.Anyone have the good sam extended service plan and is it worth having?Our extended warrenty is up on our 2018 3721rl.
Look to see what is EXCLUDED from coverage, Specifically. Read it carefully.
Check on labor rate covered. Most plans state the labor rate maximum they will pay. You have to cover the rest plus deductible. You have to read and comply, to the letter, how to file the claim BEFORE any work is performed, wether its you or a shop. I bought an extended service and road.hazard plan and used both, but not Good Sam. I never had repairs costing as much as the plan cost, so I would have been better off “ self insuring”. I was a first time new 5er owner and it was a used unit, so I wanted some “insurance” in case it was a money pit. My extended service plan expires this year and I will NOT replace it. They all will make it difficult to get a claim paid. I am setting aside what the premiums would cost me to self insure. I have had my rig for 4 years now and know its systems and quirks by now. If you are a handy “Do it yourself “ person, I would suggest self insuring. Even if you are not, for the cost of the plan you can probably afford to self insure. Ultimately, its your comfort level and your decision. They make commissions from selling these plans and the companies are in business to make money and not pay claims. If you decide you do want a service plan, shop around. Don’t just look at the Good Sam plan. Good luck.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote