Thread: Furnace RPM's
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #11
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
Just spent the afternoon at the RV with no heat, froze my fingers. I found the negative terminal on the 2nd battery was loose.

I removed the cover off the entrance panel and fortunately all terminals were accessable from inside the RV. All of the hot wires to the 12V fuses were tight. And all of the black wires to the 120V breakers were tight. 2 of the white ground wires were loose. And 3 of the uninsulated ground wires in the second row back had never been tightened - the wires were just lying behind the bolts. I'll try to put some pics on here of the pannel. The left pic is with the cover on with lid removed and the right pic is after cover is removed.

I took the wood grill off the front of the furnace trying to access the junction box with the electrical connections. Well, no junction box, just 3 wires sticking up beside the furnace with plastic crimped connections on them. There is a metal cover along the entire side of the furnace nearest the wood grill for access to the heat exchanger. It has 2 metal screws holding the cover on. One screw was laying on the floor. Replaced that screw, vacuumed around the furnace and reclaimed a couple of my wife's plastic spatulas that had fallen down beside the furnace from one of the drawers.

I reconnected the batteries, reconnected to power and turned on the furnace. It ran great. So thanks for the suggestion to check the terminals.

It still did not correct the 2 12V lights that don't work in the large slide. So I'll wait till we get in warmer weather next month and try to find the junction box CarlNSusan referred to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128_164401_resized.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	2761   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128_160632_resized.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	2762  
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote