View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 07:57 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
We love our tankless water heater. We never boondock - always in a park.
Its nice to be able to take a long hot shower, or SW fills the full size tub for a long soak. I started RVing with my Mom and Dad in 1967 - so after 50 years of Navy showers - the IW-60 changes our camping experience. No more Navy showers.

My unit did not move for 2 years thru covid (late Dec 2019 - Oct 2021).
During that time something happened to the Suburban water heater. Did not discover it until a couple of weeks before we were leaving for a long trip, and we had no hot water. I searched the internet a bit, could not find much info - so we decided to pull the trigger are order a new IW-60. The install for the new one was very simple. I put the old one in a box in the garage. I later found info showing to check a certain spot for spider webs. I would have been a simple fix. Well now we have a spare.

Sam - one thing you should consider adding to the system is easily accessed points to hookup and flush and descale the unit. I need to add this plumbing to my system. I still need to work out the location of the cut-off valves and connections, but I plan to poke connections thru the storage compartment bulkhead...then for my annual maintenance - I can just hook up some hoses, use a bucket of vinegar and a Harbor Freight cheap pump and run the descale cycle for a bit. I want to make it as easy as possible to access and run...we'll see.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy