View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 07:26 PM   #3
bleedmichigan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23739
Quote:
Originally Posted by KausalityKid View Post
There's an awful lot of information on the net about this topic, but so much of it is geared towards someone who already owns an RV and had some fundamental knowledge. I don't, I'm a newbie. The Montana I'm buying is an unusual floorplan, but that has nothing to do with do's and don't's of this topic. I'm buying a High Country 318TH. It has all the pre-wiring, 2 AC units, and of course kitchen appliances and such. It's a 41'.

Am I to understand that I need to install gas tanks also with fuel lines? I know there's all the arguments over has type, or go solar. I'd like to add solar inn the future, but for now just want to install a generator in case I'm parking at Walmart or boondocking. I can't for the life of me figure out how many watts. I'm thinking 5000 should be enough to run AC, watch TV, work on a computer, etc. I'd like to avoid the cost of paying for installation. Oh yeah, converter vs. non. I'm assuming converter.

Any help? I'll go search the forums also
Does the RV have a generator prep? If so it is meant for an onan propane generator. If not save the money on the onboard gen set and get a Wen, predator, or Honda inverter gen set and just plug into it.
bleedmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote