View Single Post
Old 02-09-2022, 03:19 PM   #19
KausalityKid
Established Member

M.O.C. #30392
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDilly View Post
I don't think there is a 318TH, do you mean a 381TH? If so, I have a 2020 381TH and we love it. We haul a 4 seat golf cart in the garage, I wish there was a little more room, but that would take away some other place. If I am remembering correctly, all of these came with generator prep, so you could put a generator in the front compartment made for that. You also mentioned solar, which would be nice. However, I am no help with that because I haven't researched that enough. What I can say, watch you weight. I have weighed mine a couple times and with 1/2 tank fresh water, all waste tanks empty, LP full, and loaded ready to camp for about 4 weeks; we were close to max weight on the camper but had a lot of excess in the truck. What I have done is carry a Honda 3000 generator in the truck. That size does okay for us, we can run one air conditioner along with all other AC things. It works for us because we only stop for breaks to eat and maybe a nap, sometimes we will sleep in a truck stop for a little longer at night. The other issue is we can not use the bed without unloading the golf cart, so sleeping on the road is not a easy. The next modification I am going to do is add an 50 amp electric connection in front under the 5th wheel over hand. It would make it easier to connect the generator when on the road. At that time I may upgrade the transfer switch, there are some that are problematic and if that is what I have, I will change it. I do have an external EMS, but I may install a hard wired one while I am in there.

Over all we love the camper and the layout. We have had no real issues, only a few minor ones that are normal. One, that was my own fault, was the electric leveling. The first time we used it I was not connected to shore power or the TV, there was not enough power from the on board batteries to complete the auto level. From then on, after unhooking the TV, I connect shore power. When we pack up to leave, I get all connected to the TV and disconnect shore power last.

Good luck and enjoy your travels. You can send me a private message if would like to with questions. There are a lot of people on here that can help trouble shoot issues.

You're the second person who mentioned putting it in your truck. I believe the one I want to buy from harbor freight will work, and it's inexpensive.

I have a 2019 Ram 3500 with the HO option. I can pull 30,000 lbs and it has 1,000 lbs of tourqe
KausalityKid is offline   Reply With Quote