Thread: Heat pump
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 09:57 AM   #4
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Your heat pump should perform well in those temps. We have found the heat pump to work quite well. It heats more slowly than the gas furnace but is effective all the same. Ours heats the whole coach well...especially the high ground, ie: the upstairs bed and bath.

DW doesn't prefer it since she feels that the HP is louder than the furnace. They seem about the same to me.

As stated, if you've made sure that you are receiving the best flow possible by making sure the ceiling vents are properly set and sealed, etc, then it should work well.

In ours I used a boroscope to check the ceiling ducts as well to make sure they were as open as they could be.

Ours has the whisper quiet install so I don't have any visibility from the interior to how the AC/HP is sealed to the roof and how well the intake/outtake vents are separated and sealed. That can also have a huge effect on air flow and efficiency. If you can, pull down the plenum cover and take a look.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote